Friday, October 13, 2006

Condolences

WidgetBucks - Trend Watch - WidgetBucks.com

Taking a temporary break from my Chicago Trip blogging.

Just 2 days ago I attended the Funeral of my Boss's Mother-in-Law, Gussie, she passed away at the age of 94. I had met her on a few occassions when I visited my boss's house to help fix up his wireless network.

Even at 94, she struck me as full of life, showing me how to sing some of her childhood songs which i could not really pick up and even showed me a jiggle of a dance :). Somehow I was reminded of my own Grandma who took care of me when i was young, deja vu kind of feeling.

I attended the funeral with Vlad(who is a fellow researcher) and Maria, a friend of the Shafers. Maria learnt knitting from Gussie on a weekly basis, I was really amazed that even at her age, Gussie was still so active at teaching people.

Well, the funeral was a simple affair, first time I saw a Jewish funeral. It was also the first time I saw my Boss cry, well he sobbed but I could tell. The speech he gave was really beautiful, it touched me alot.

Returning from the funeral, it rained.... and it continued the entire night.... it really seemed as though the heavens opened up and cried as well...

My Condolences

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker