Thursday, April 27, 2006

Recipe: Lemon Cheese Cake (never tried before)

WidgetBucks - Trend Watch - WidgetBucks.com

Well I got this recipe from my friend FL(gaming friend of who knows how many years liao) This is totally lifted off her blog for my archiving and reference for future attempts. Well I will probably buy the premade crust at the grocers (yeah plain lazy). Well finally in a role reversal, the teacher is now the pupil :p

***Lemon Cheesecake ***
Crust:
1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (I usually use digestives, either the normal one, or the one with oats)
4 Tbs. ground walnuts (I skip this :x too mafan la :x)
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 Tbs. sugar
1 tsp. ground lemon peel (I usually just aga this and put more to bring out the flavour)

Filling:
1 1/2 pounds cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar (I usually put like 3/4 cup)
1 tsp. vanilla
3 tsp. lemon juice 1 tsp. ground lemon peel (can put more if you want)
4 eggs

Glaze: (I see the ingredients already I get a beeping headache, so I usually skip this and replaced with either canned peaches - sliced and decorate atop, or just blueberry sauce. The topping is really up to you :p)
2 eggs
3/4 Cup sugar
1 tsp. grated orange rind
1 tsp. grated lemon rind
1/4 Cup lemon juice
2 Tbs. orange juice
2 Tbs. butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine crumbs, nuts, sugar and lemon peel. Stir in butter until thoroughly blended. Press mixture firmly against bottom of 9" spring-form pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.

In a large bowl beat cream cheese until creamy. At medium speed add sugar gradually, then vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon peel. Blend well.

Add eggs, one at a time and beat at medium speed for ten minutes, until fluffy. Pour into spring-form pan.

Bake at 250°F. for 35 minutes. Turn off heat and cool for 30 minutes in the oven with the door open.

Glaze:
While cheesecake is baking, whisk eggs in a small saucepan until foamy. Combine with sugar, rind, juices & butter in saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth & thickened. Cool. Just before serving, spread evenly over cheesecake.

And there you have it, my *uber* cheesecake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker