Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Day 15 to 17 - I really suck at skiing

WidgetBucks - Trend Watch - WidgetBucks.com

Finally a nice road trip. We had our orientation trip to Poconos, which was a nearby place where we could go skiing. Being a first timer at skiing, I had illusions or should I say disillusions of granduer where I could do cool stunts like you see on X-games. Sad to say, the follow poster sums up my skiing attempt.



We gathered and left for Poconos on friday evening. Did not really do much that night, me lawrence, deliang, pacey, cat and Niki just stoned at the TV .

Me Ripping lawrence's head off, guess going to gym pays off /lol

Saturday was expected to rain hence we did not go skiing at all. People went hiking around, or just stayed in the resort and enjoyed the activities. I went with the hiking group. I was expecting to have a nice trek around and enjoy natured. Instead it became a photo taking session. Our speed was not measured in km/h or mph. It was PPH (Photos per hour).

Just some pics from around the "hike"

Ram, Niki, Jaron, Tim, Iris and Wei-ern


Random Trees


Random House


Random House 2


Shamir trying to look cool, gonna call him Sham-ster


Group Photo


Grp photo by the lake


I am soooo scared


Lake Harmony which was kindda frozen, not totally but close enough


The 4 smart alecs who are trying to walk on ice


Me lazing in front of the lake


That's me on the frozen lake, and NO the ice did not break


Jaron ice fishing I think

Ram on ice

After a nice hike in which we realise there wasn't gonna be any rain for the day (wasted not skiiing). We just chilled in the resort. Went to play pool until it was time for orientation program.

Peiling, me, pacey and yewzhen

Yup, this trip was not all fun and games... about 95% F A G (fun and games). Was a quick lesson on cultural differences and how to handle it by Marcia a Prof at Wharton I think (pretty bad memory... actually i dozed around). We played an interesting card game to simulate such situations.

In the evening there was a 3- point shooting contest. NCBV decided to represent Singapore and send out 5 players!

NCBV Bball team looking cool before the 3 point shootout.
Me, Kaihong,Kelly, Shamster, Lawrence

Unfortunately, all of us got knocked out in the first round, with me scoring 2/10 shots as the highest among NCBV.

We ended the night with Bingo, congrats to Kelly for winning $20 and treating us ice cream

My cards


Wayne and Estee, I am in the reflection btw


Deliang looks sian cos he lost out on the $143 jackpot by just 1 number

On day 17, Sunday we went skiing!!!

Poconos


Gean and Eric, btw eric is just trying to look cool cos he cannot get up from his fall


NCBV skiiers!


The Ski Lift

As for my ski experience, it was like the first poster. I just plain sucked at it. But my crashes were nothing short of impressive, can get at least 8/10 for it. The best for my 360 spin followed by a flip into a ditch. But overall it was a nice experience once you get the hang of it. My way of going down hill is by leaps and crashes. Just speed until I crash and repeat. Its pretty efficient.

That's me trying to look cool before I crashed my way downhill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker